Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Noir? or Blanc?

So here's something interesting. The cover of the actual printed book is a little darker than the image that you see here on the blog. The blue is deeper, and the picture just looks like it is later at night, or a moonless night, as opposed to a brighter one. The sand doesn't look white, it looks blue. When I first got my proof copy from the printer, my only reaction was: "WOW, THIS LOOKS COOL!!" (And if you have ever been a student of mine, you know that I abhor the use of exclamation points in most cases... but I see now that sometimes one can't help oneself.) It looks... more mysterious, more ominous, more.... noir. Now that I'm comparing them, I wonder if I should ask them to redo it for future printings.
If you have already received your book, tell me what you think: Which cover do you like better, the darker one in your hand, or the brighter one here on the blog? You all decide, and that's what I'll do.
Thanks.
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment